← Back to FAQs
I want to run with the bulls. How does it work?
- Get in line behind the cut-off/start line on Mercaderes street. The curve at Plaza Consistorial where the Txupinazo Opening Ceremonies take place, is a good location. Try to be there by 7 a.m. the latest or you risk not finding a spot.
- Around 8 a.m. you will have a chance to move around the course and get into position. First time runners usually fare well with Estafeta street because it is comparatively “easy” with its straight, even ground. The end gets more densely packed than the beginning.
- Wait for the gun shots. The first shot tells you that the gates have been opened and the bulls are running. The second one, that the last bull has left the corrals. Many people will start running at this point even though the bulls are not in sight. If you get to the bullfight arena way before the bulls be prepared to face a laughing audience.
- When you see the bulls run ahead or alongside them. Get out of their way when you are tired. Do not try to touch the bulls and avoid holding on to other people. It is regarded as disrespectful and unprofessional to distract the bulls by touching them. Avoid running with your head turned backwards because that is how pile ups happen.
- If you want to run into the arena you have to be fast because the gates close behind the last bull. The gates are located at Dead Man’s Corner and at Telefonica.
Posted in: The Daily Bull Run